Good morning everyone, how are you all doing this lovely morning? The ‘Get Fit At Home’ segment is a new addition that I have decided to add to the blog to even further boost health and fitness awareness. I would have videotaped me doing this workout but since my wife is sleeping it would have been pretty hard to do so. Anyway, I will give you all a rundown of the 3 exercises for todays workout.
Todays workout will consist of 3 exercises that I want you all to do for a minimum of 5 minutes without stopping. These routines will get your core muscles working to develop that tight midsection that you have been wanting. The 3 exercises are Mountain Climbers, Planks, and Crunches. You will perform each exercise for 30 seconds and then immediately go into the next exercise. You can use a stop watch, your phone, or whatever is comfortable for you. Once you start the timer, just let it go without stopping it until you get to at least 5 minutes. Our advanced group can go even longer if you want to. Now its time to work!!!
To perform mountain climbers you must:
1. Stand with your feet about shoulder width or slightly wider and your hands at your sides.
2. Bend down and put your hands on the floor with your hands at shoulder width also.
3. Get into the push-up position with your legs extended outward.
4. Proceed to bring one knee forward toward you chest while the other leg is still extended.
5. As you’re bring the knee back to the starting position, bring the other knee forward.
6. Try to do this as quickly as you can as if you were running in place but with your hands on the ground.
7. Do this for 30 seconds and move to the next exercise.
The planks are probably the simplest exercise that you will ever do but it may also be one of the hardest. To perform planks you must:
1. Lie face down on the floor with either your palms down or a clenched fist. Whichever you are more comfortable with.
2. Push your body up off of the floor while resting on your toes and forearms.
3. Make sure that your body is in a straight line from you head to your feet and tighten up your abdominal muscles.
4. Do no let you posterior get too high or too low. Try to maintain that straight line and BREATHE in and out like you would normally do.
5. Hold that pose for 30 seconds and move on to the next exercise.
Crunches are one of the more popular exercises like sit-ups. People have been doing crunches for a very long time trying to get the perfect abs. To perform crunches you must:
1. Lie down on the floor with your hands either on your chest or behind your head.
2. Contract your abs by bringing your shoulders a few inches off of the floor. Exhale and keep your chin up as you come up off the floor.
3. Hold the pose at the top for about 2 seconds and then lower your body back down to the floor but keep your midsection nice and tight.
4. For the lower part of your abs, bring your knees up to your chest as you bring your body up.
5. Remember to exhale as you go up and inhale as you go down. You need to have sufficient oxygen to burn fat so do not hold your breath. You wouldn’t want to pass out anyway.
6. Perform this exercise for 30 seconds and then start the whole process over again from the first exercise.
Now that you all have the Get Fit At Home workout for the day, its time to sculpt those ab muscles. If any of you have any questions about todays workout or any other topic be sure to either comment on this post or email me at:
Don’t forget to follow this blog and subscribe to my Batiste Fitness YouTube channel. I will be posting tons of helpful videos.
Once again……. Thank you and have a blessed day!!!!